Sports clubs are recreational and competitive student-led clubs, suitable for all skill levels. The clubs are supervised by Cougars Athletics and Recreation, but operate independently and are a great way to stay active, try something new and get outside of your comfort zone.
MRU Cougars Athletics and Recreation Clubs
SAMRU Rec Clubs
Cougars Athletics and Recreation is happy to support all students on campus with their club related interests. The Students' Association of Mount Royal University (SAMRU) has a variety of clubs, from athletic to academic, social and cultural. Check out the SAMRU Clubs Directory or email the SAMRU Clubs Coordinator for more information. These SAMRU clubs currently use Recreation facilities to achieve their activity goals:
Download the CAR Clubs Schedule to your Google Calendar
- Click on the + Google Calendar icon at the bottom of the calendar.
- In your personal calendar you can toggle the schedule on and off by clicking the schedule on the left side.
- To add an individual swim time to your calendar click on the swim time you want.
- Click the three dots in the top right corner and then click copy to calendar to add the swim time to your Google calendar.
- Need help? Watch this quick instructional video.
NOTE: MRU Cougars Athletics and Recreation makes every effort to ensure consistency for all drop-in times, but participants should verify facility availability prior to arriving in case of cancellations.
Club Affiliations In addition to recognized clubs on campus, MRU Cougars Athletics and Recreation embraces the opportunity to support external clubs which embody student involvement and engagement. If you are interested in gaining support, please reach out to the Recreation Sports Supervisor:
Frequently Asked Questions